The good look of a carpet benefits the entire room, and if a black grease stain appears in the middle of your carpet, it most certainly will ruin not only the appearance of the carpet but that of the room as well. Grease stains are hard to remove by nature and you will need proper measures to get them out of your carpet. Dish-washing liquid soap is able to remove grease stains from most carpets, and here are the instructions on how to use it properly.
- Pour 1 quart of water into a spray bottle and add 1 teaspoon of dish-washing liquid soap that doesn't contain bleach or lanolin. Close and shake the bottle to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Absorb some of the grease by gently pressing paper towels over the stained area.
- Use the spray bottle to apply the soapy solution to the affected area and saturate the black grease stain.
- Leave the solution to sit on the carpet for two minutes in order to break down the grease.
- Rub the stain carefully with a cloth dampened in water as recommended by carpet cleaning Acton.
- Rinse the cloth when it gets dirty and continue blotting at the stained area with water.
- If the grease stain remains, repeat the process one more time and evaluate the result. If the stain is still there, consider using a commercial carpet stain remover which you can buy from most hardware stores. Follow the instructions on the cleaner's label to remove the grease stain. For nasty grease stains, you can hire professionals, such as carpet cleaning Acton, to ensure complete removal of the stain.