Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Little Cleaning Secrets

I've always enjoyed clean tidy home. I suppose this is because of my mother – she always keeps our house impeccable. She is strict and neat on cleanness and even today, when I'm living on my own I feel guilty if I don't use a pad for my glass. I know a lot of women her age are alike. All of my friends get panicked when their parents are about to visit. But, you see there is a big difference between our generations – unlike most of them, me and my friends are working five days a week and when we come home we are too exhausted to start cleaning. My house used to be a mess before I found some little tricks, that eased my cleaning routine.

Never Leave Your Clothes All Over The House

Few years ago I tried at least three outfits in the morning before I decide what to wear and, of course I never took them back in the closet. As I said, in the evening I'm usually to tired to tide up so at the end of the week my whole place was covered in shoes and clothes and it took me at least an hour to collect them. Now I still try different clothes before I go out, but I do my best to put back what I'm not wearing. It does take me few extra minutes, but when I have to clean the house it's easier, because there are no piles of clothes everywhere.

Try Washing You Dishes Right After You Use Them

I still haven't bought dishwasher for my house and I hate when sink is full and I have to wash everything. Before I waited till the last moment before doing the dishes, it usually took me more than an hour and my back started to heart. Now I just wash my plate, right after I finish my meal. Also, I always wipe kitchen worktop after using it. Again – few extra minutes, but I don't have to do it at the weekend!

Cleaning The Bathroom While Taking A Shower

Every time I take a shower I clean something in my bathroom - water taps, or the sink, or the shampoo shelf. Sometimes 10 minutes before taking a shower I apply detergent on the walls and the floor and when I let the water run I rinse everything. If you start to do this regularly you will notice that the bathroom tiles are easier to maintain. It's the same with the bathtub – I clean it every time before using it and thoroughly rinse soap residues after I'm done.

Rest Of The House

When your clothes are in the closet, you don't have a sink full of dishes and your bathroom is shining, all that is left to do is dust the bookshelves, clean the floors and do the laundry. This shouldn't take you more than couple of hours. I run the washing machine and start cleaning the floor. I have only two carpets – one in my bedroom and one rug in my living room. Once a week I vacuum my carpets, and of course if I make a spill I clean it immediately. (I never bother to do the deep cleaning on my own. Once a year I call my cleaning company for dry cleaning and they finish the task for less than 2 hours and I don't have to wait before stepping on the rugs again.) The other rooms in the house are laminate and tiles so after vacuum I just clean them with a solution of water and cleanser and I'm done with the floorings. Voilà! The whole place is cleaned and I can enjoy my spare time, or invite my mother over, without dying of shame.
As you can see, most of my “tricks” aren't actually tricks, but constant small efforts that make my routine easier.

This article comes to you with the kind support of: http://www.carpetcleaning-twickenham.co.uk/carpet-dry-cleaning/ the most reliable dry carpet cleaners in Twickenham TW1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment